Spring Fling Frequently Asked Questions
What is Spring Fling?
Spring Fling is a great evening for socializing, enjoying good food and music, and participating in Auctions of all kinds for the benefit of CUC.
Where does the money go?
ALL the money earned after expenses goes to CUC’s Operating Fund.
How do the Auctions work?
Prior to the evening, via e-mail or when you arrive, you will receive a listing of all the items available for bid. On the night of Spring Fling you’ll be given a plate with a number and your purchases will be tracked with this number. At the end of the evening, your purchases will be tallied and you can pay with cash, check, or credit card (MC, Visa, Discover). If you can’t attend, you can submit an Absentee Bid and we’ll bid for you!
- Live Auction – Our own CUC auctioneers will entertain you as they offer items for bid. Raise your plate to place your bids.
- Sign Up Auction – Items with a fixed price (and a fixed number of winners) are described on tables around the room. If you would like to purchase an item at the fixed price, and there are enough slots open, place your name and plate number on the list in the number of slots you need and you win that item.
- Silent Auction – Items for Silent Auction are frequently more expensive or ‘one of a kind’ and have one winner. Items are displayed or described on sheets around the room. To bid, add your name and plate number to the list, and enter a bid higher than the previous bid listed. Remember to keep checking the status of your bid. The winners are announced at the end of the evening.
Where do the items in the auctions come from?
They are donated by CUC members and friends; some are from restaurants, or other local businesses. What can you donate? How can you participate?
- Create a Gift Basket: Choose a theme and fill with goodies: ‘Wines/Beers we Like’, ‘All About Baby’..
- Share Your Talents and Time: Lead a Hike or Tour of a Special Neighborhood; Teach a Class (cooking, fishing, )… for Adults or Children; Photograph an Event; Put on your Chauffeur’s hat,….
- Entertain a Group: Host a meal (simple, fancy, at your home, with children or not, at a restaurant or CUC…); Organize a Talent Show, A Day at a Ballgame…..
- Offer Your Vacation Home: For a weekend, a week….
Are there other Spring Fling activities besides the Auctions?
YES, for adults, 50/50 and iPad raffles, games and movies for the children, and plenty of time to socialize and enjoy the good food and the music of the CUC House Band.
Have More Questions?
Email us for more information at email@example.com.