CUC Welcomes All
Central Unitarian Church is a religious community that serves members throughout Bergen, Hudson, Passaic and Rockland counties. Founded over a century ago, our congregation is part of a 450-year-old faith tradition and is a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
Unitarian Universalism is a 450-year-old faith with its roots in the Protestant Reformation and a long history of commitment to social, religious and political reform. UUs like to say that they care more about getting heaven into people than people into heaven. us. Learn more about our faith.
The living tradition we share draws from many sources:
- Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life.
- Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love.
- Wisdom from the world’s religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life.
- Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God’s love by loving our neighbors as ourselves.
- Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit.
- Spiritual teachings of Earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.