The Women’s Alliance of Central Unitarian Church has been enriching the lives of women, young and old, for more than 115 years. The Alliance hosts fellowship events for the congregation, provides financial support to select CUC programs, and actively promotes the following goals:
- To serve the church, the community and the cause of world fellowship
- To serve the social and spiritual needs of women through fellowship, group expression, and educational and service oriented programs
- To become more tolerant, especially of each other’s views
- To enhance church life and to bring women into closer acquaintance, cooperation and fellowship
- To support various CUC activities and projects.
In recent years, the Women’s Alliance has, with funding from the Mary Block Bequest, upgraded CUC’s physical space by:
- Adding storage capacity in our sanctuary to allow remodeling of the foyer;
- Updating the foyer to create a more welcoming and comfortable space for members and guests, and to provide additional meeting space for members and renters;
- Restoring the furniture in our Lounge, refreshing the artwork and repainting the room.
The Alliance holds four Sunday morning business meetings starting at 9:30 AM in the Assembly Room. Our regular programs include a Holiday Luncheon in December, a Women’s Wellness program in January, our Soup Lunch Fundraiser in February, Lunch Out in April and our end-of-year Pot Luck Supper in June. We are especially excited about our Women’s Alliance Sunday Speaker Service scheduled for October. Check our Calendar of Events for specific dates and times..
The Women’s Alliance is an excellent way to become better acquainted with others in the church community. Any woman interested in the objectives of this organization may become a member by completing the Membership Form and submitting payment of $25.00.
For more information Women’s Alliance membership and programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org.